The main duties of a Janitor is to keep the building in a clean and orderly fashion, doing such tasks as; cleaning floors; shampooing rugs; washing walls; washing glass and removing garbage. A Janitor will also be required to notify management of any defects or repairs needed to the equipment.
· Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming.
· Empty garbage and replace liners.
· Clean washrooms and replace supplies as needed.
· Horizontal and vertical low dusting - surfaces below 6 feet.
· Horizontal and vertical high dusting - surfaces above 6 feet.
· Clean windows and glass.
· Steam clean or shampoo carpet.
· Strip, seal and wax floors.
· Clean and restore building interiors damaged by water, fire or smoke.
· Drive vehicles required to perform or travel to work, including vans, industrial trucks or industrial vacuum cleaners.
· Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
· Order supplies as needed.
· Report any damage or repairs needed for the equipment to management.
· Internal Contacts – frequent contact with On Site Supervisor, Account Supervisor, General Manager and Manager, Customer Experience & Quality Assurance
· External Contacts – frequent contact with customers and general public
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· No education/experience required
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
· Must have the ability to trouble shoot and problem solve.
· Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods of time;
· Bending, stooping, reaching up and lifting up to 50 pounds; and
· Possible exposure to chemicals requiring special clothing or safety equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by members assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.POSITION: Janitor (Light Duty Cleaner)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00-$16.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Medicine Hat, AB (preferred)
- cleaning: 1 year (preferred)
- Driver's Licence (preferred)