Three-year term commitment with the option to stand for
re-election for another 2, three-year term(s), if desired.
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Develop leadership skills, gain experience in governance, strategic planning, risk management and much more. These skills are easily transferred into the workplace to enhance your career
Hours of Meeting Preparation, Discussion, and Debate
- Monthly on the 1st Tuesday, approximately 9 meetings per year
- Typically, there are no meetings over the summer months. 5:30 pm to approximately 8:00 pm (dinner included)
- Total commitment: an average of 5 hours per month, including meeting preparation
- Board Orientation – approximately 4 hours
- Committee meetings are held at the call of the Chair
- Participation on committees may increase the time commitment
- A Board Retreat is typically held every 2 years
The Board is accountable for the overall governance of REDI, establishing policy, setting the strategic direction for the future and monitoring the overall performance of REDI. Together we can make a difference.
Compensation is not available as this is a volunteer position. Thanks, and recognition offered regularly.
Volunteers are valued and appreciated. Through your experience, you can gain recognition from your peers and boost to your resume.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview.