Human Resources Assistant (Summer Student)
REDI Enterprises Society is committed to offer students the opportunity to gain valuable and meaningful work experience that will contribute to the future employability of the student. Prospects for advancement exist within the organization as we offer outstanding opportunities for professional development and future employment in an accredited agency.
Human Resources Assistant (Summer Student) position is a temporary, eight-week position with full time hours (35 hours/week).
This position is funded through Canada Summer Job grant program, and eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Must be a registered full-time student during the 2020/2021 academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- Must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
Conflict of Interest:
No preference will be given to students who are immediate family members of an employer, director, or senior officer of the employer.
No member of the Senate or the House of Commons or member of their immediate family shall be admitted to any share or part of the Agreement or to any benefit arising from it that is not otherwise available to the public.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Human Resources Manager, the HR Assistant will assist in support the HR department with all transaction HR functions in a confidential nature.
Desirable knowledge or competencies:
- Effective communication abilities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- The desire for learning and development
- Proficient computer and database skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Clean and current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
Assigned tasks to include:
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive personal records
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process
- Draft general forms, letters, and memos, as necessary
- Assist with employee orientation and training
- Scan, copy and file documents as required
- Create new files (both paper and digitally)
- Eliminating outdated material
- Other projects, as required
Current and clean Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
Proof of full-time student status for the current and upcoming academic year
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume and cover letter quoting, “Human Resources Assistant (Summer Student)” to email@example.com by the application deadline, May 30th, 2021 at 4 p.m.