Hiebert Group Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Financial Officer to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, risk management as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
The Hiebert Group of companies include Jade Homes (custom RTM manufacturer), Jasper Fine Homes (custom residential builder), and Hiebert Cabinets and Fine Woodwork (custom cabinet manufacturer). These companies are located in the beautiful town of Bow Island, AB which is a short drive from Medicine Hat AB, Taber AB, and surrounding areas.
- Manage all accounting operations.
- Prepare payroll on a bi-weekly basis (using PayWorks) as well as administer health benefits (GWL) and WCB. Annual T4’s, T5018’s, and ROE’s when necessary.
- Maintain employee files in confidentiality.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Prepare and support month-end and year-end close process.
- Prepare WIP/inventory calculations.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with provincial and federal government reporting requirements.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Maintain financial files and records.
- Attend weekly leadership meetings on an individual company basis.
- Maintain motor vehicle and other government service transactions.
- Oversee insurance coverage policies for both commercial and vehicle.
- Additional controller duties as necessary.
- Proven working experience as a Financial Officer.
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Advanced degree in Accounting.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills. Prefer experience with QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of payroll systems and reporting as well as excellent knowledge of the Alberta Employment Standards.
- Please submit a cover letter along with your resume. Thanks.
Job Type: Full-time