Are you interested in helping us build E-Commerce in our region?
The Medicine Hat and District Chamber of Commerce is seeking candidates to join our team as an E-Commerce Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will be a creative candidate who can demonstrate a high aptitude of quality customer service and a natural ability to build relationships. We are seeking someone who can exhibit strong technical and computer skills with impeccable attention to detail. The ideal candidate should also be able to demonstrate an exceptional ability to follow up and follow through on the requirements of the position with an ability to meet the needs of the business community. We are seeking a candidate who is flexible enough to handle the demands of our fast-paced, high-profile office while being persistent and organized with routine and sometimes repetitive tasks.
The candidate will be comfortable with maintaining existing database systems and making suggestions for upgrades or improvements to systems and processes. The candidate must also demonstrate proficiency in the use of e-commerce sites, Microsoft Office, Google and design programs.
Candidates should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure behaviour is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the Chamber.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the Chamber.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve communications and processes, creating new strategies to improve upon current practices.
- Focus on Business Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the business community and meet or exceed their expectations within the Chamber’s parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance the Chamber’s effectiveness.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information,generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Think Strategically: Assess options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the Chamber.
We encourage you to apply for this position if:
- You enjoy the varied duties of designing sites and uploading client inventory
- You’re a top performer with a great attitude
- You thrive working in a fast-paced environment and are eager to WOW our clients
- You have high energy & like to share it
- You’re learning based, creative and are comfortable giving feedback
- You’re collaborative and love working in a team environment
- You’re amazing and we need to hire you
- Promoting the e-commerce platform
- Achieving milestones through direct marketing and social media campaigns
- On-boarding businesses onto the e-commerce platform
- Maintaining the site, including the removal of businesses that are no longer viable
- Building vendor sites within the e-commerce site including, but not limited to uploading inventory, choosing pictures, ensuring consistency of all images within the site, uploading logos, writing descriptors, including keywords, etc.
- Supporting businesses as they navigate the platform
- Instructing and training businesses on how to use the platform
- Directing businesses to other agencies and supports if they require coaching, loans or other resources
We are looking for the next member of our team to be self-disciplined and have unwavering integrity, along with an outstanding commitment to excellence and a focus on results.Professionalism and collaboration will be an asset in order to work with the e-commerce team.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com
We thank all those that apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.