Community Support Worker
Community Support Worker
Every day REDI’s team of over 230 employees develops and delivers meaningful programs, supports and advocacy for persons with disabilities. Founded in 1952, REDI Enterprises Society is the driving force behind the movement to build a community where everyone belongs. This is not just a marketing catchphrase. It is a fundamental belief, and heartfelt mission on the part of all of us who workday in and day out to move our community closer to that goal. REDI’s mission is to enable individuals to attain respect, opportunity, and responsibility. We value reciprocal respect, trust, integrity, support, honesty, empowerment, compassion, and accountability.
About the Position
REDI Enterprises is presently seeking a temporary, fulltime (37.5 hours/week), The contract is based on a 12 month term but may be extended upon mutual agreement of both parties. Community Support Worker in our REDConnects Division. This position does have the protentional to become permanent. The Community Disability Services Worker is responsible for supporting individuals with cognitive and/or physical disabilities and is responsible for maintaining and promoting the wellbeing, uniqueness, and independence of each individual so that they can achieve their outcomes and goals. The FASD Community Support Worker position is an experienced front line role with additional specialized training and/or education, and more extensive experience to provide service in more complex situations and/or to individuals with more complex needs.
REDI Enterprises Society is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment that is healthy and safe. REDI Enterprises Society has a new COVID-19 vaccination policy that all successful candidates are required to follow prior to the agreed upon start date. You will be required to show proof of vaccination prior to commencing your duties.
• Minimum 2 years of post-secondary education in a related field
• First Aid – Level C / CPR certificate
• Basic computer literacy that meets the requirements of the specific role and agency/service
• Between 6 months and 2 years of relevant experience
• Clean criminal record or one that is acceptable to the Executive Director
• Clean Vulnerable Sector Record or one that is acceptable to the Executive Director
• A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right and responsibility to define and act on their life choices and seek active participation in the community
• An understanding of the opportunities and options available to persons with disabilities, mindful of cultural and ethnic sensitivity
• Relevant knowledge and ability to model and support the development of basic living, personal and social skills
• Ability to work well as a team, and independently
• Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal formats
• A suitable combination of education and experience may be considered
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting “Community Support Worker” by December 15, 2021. We thank all applicants, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview.